Avocado Smoothie Recipe with Spinach, Banana and Kiwi
Healthy green smoothies made with fruits like avocado, banana and kiwi are a great way to get a lot of nutrition into your diet. They are also a simple way to use greens like spinach or kale when you don’t feel like eating a salad.
In fact, the way greens are blended up in smoothies makes their nutrients much more accessible, while at the same time masking their taste and making them easy to drink for children.
Using avocado in this smoothie recipe adds a wonderful creamy flavor as well as all of it’s valuable health benefits. Mixed with the many minerals, vitamins and antioxidants in spinach, along with the vitamin C of kiwi and all the nutrition in banana, this makes for a powerful yet great tasting green smoothie.
Try some of the optional ingredients like ground flaxseed, papaya, pineapple or pumpkin seeds for an even more nutritious avocado smoothie. Here’s how to make it.
Avocado Smoothie Recipe Ingredients
- Half an avocado.
- A handful of organic spinach. Kale makes a great alternative if spinach is not available.
- 2 kiwifruit.
- 1 banana. Overripe bananas are fine to use in this avocado smoothie as well.
- 1 cup of unflavored bio-live cultured yogurt (not the usual ‘fruit’ varieties loaded with sugar).
- A small handful of ice cubes or half a cup of water.
- 2 tablespoons of fresh ground flaxseeds will increase the fiber content and add omega-3 fatty acids and estrogen moderating lignans.
- Half a cup of chopped papaya adds more antioxidants and protein digesting enzymes for better intestinal health.
- Half a cup of diced pineapple provides even more antioxidants, vitamins and digestive enzymes. A good blender should blend up the pineapple core so make sure you add it as this is where the most beneficial bromelain is found.
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds for more fat soluble vitamins, minerals and DHT controlling compounds for men’s health.
How to Make an Avocado, Kiwi and Spinach Smoothie
If you enjoy drinking healthy smoothies it’s important to have a good blender, like this one I use in my kitchen, particularly for blending up greens like kale or the spinach in this smoothie recipe.
To make this green smoothie, start by adding the spinach, chopped banana, yogurt and any optional ingredients to your blender. Top these with the avocado, scooped out kiwifruit and ice and blend it all up on high until it is creamy and smooth.
This spinach and avocado smoothie has a good amount of vitamin C in it from the kiwi to lessen oxidation, but you should still drink it as soon as you’ve made it for the best nutritional properties. I hope you enjoy the rich flavor if you make it up for yourself.
Please share this smoothie recipe with friends that you think might like it. There’s also much more on just how healthy avocado is if you need any extra motivation to try this avocado smoothie at home.